Pelvic Pain Therapy
In addition to treating all orthopedic needs, we specialize in pelvic floor health. Our pelvic floor specialists will work one on one with you to create an individualized treatment plan based on your specific needs. You will see the same licensed physical therapist at each visit to help establish continuity of care. We treat all pelvic floor patients in private, closed-door rooms.
Techniques used will vary based on your condition and may include soft tissue mobilization, trigger point release, myofascial release, biofeedback, electrical stimulation, stretching, development of a home exercise program, visceral mobilization, craniosacral techniques, relaxation and strengthening exercises.
Our therapists work with both men and women with pelvic floor dysfunction. Some common conditions treated at DPT include:
- Pelvic Pain: Vulvodynia, Vaginismus, Vestibulitis, Interstitial Cystitis, Dyspareunia, Trauma, Prostatitis, Pelvic Floor Myalgia, Endometriosis, Pudendal Neuralgia
- Incontinence: Stress, Urge, Mixed, Retention, Functional
- Overactive Bladder
- Constipation/Bowel Disorders
- Musculoskeletal complications during pregnancy
- Pelvic floor laxity/tension
- Diastasis Rectus
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Cystocele, Rectocele, Uterine